- What is the International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL)?
- What is the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)?
- What is ICDL Profile?
- What is an ICDL Profile Certificate?
- Can I complete a module in a different location from where I started?
- What amount of training is required to prepare for ICDL examinations?
- What is the grade required to successfully pass each module?
- If I fail a module, when can I re-sit the test?
- How long is each ICDL Certification test?
- How much do the tests cost?
- Where can I complete my ICDL training tests?
- How are candidates tested?
- Do I have to undergo training prior to taking the tests?
- When can I start the ICDL?
- What are Recommended Profiles?
- Is training compulsory?
- How do I get a copy of the ICDL Syllabus?
- What are Diagnostic Tests?
- "How are candidates tested?"
Candidates are tested in examination conditions supervised by an ICDL Accredited Tester. Test centres in Africa use automated test systems which automatically assess the candidates performance on completion of each test. Automated Tests provide immediate feedback to both the centre and the candidate. Candidates must complete one test for each module.
- "When can I start the ICDL?"
You can start the ICDL at any time by contacting any of the ICDL Accredited Test Centres near you. You are encouraged to undertake training at an ICDL Centre if required. Once you are ready, you may take a test for any of the modules in any order you choose. This may be subject to training or testing schedules set by each test centre.
- "Is training compulsory?"
No. If you believe that you already have appropriate IT skills and are sufficiently experienced, candidates can register i.e. purchase a Candidate Registration Number (CRN) and start to take the certification tests. Everyone will have various levels of knowledge and experience and many want to undergo training for the areas where their background may be inadequate. It is recommended that candidates review the ICDL syllabus for more detailed information on the modules and the knowledge needed to pass them.
- "What are Diagnostic Tests?"
Diagnostic Tests allow a candidate to go through the testing environment in the same setting as the certification test and assess a candidate's understanding of the particular ICDL module. We recommend a passing rate of 80%+ for the diagnostic test before a candidate is encouraged to sit for the actual ICDL certification test.