This module is a high-level certification programme that enables candidates to use the many advanced tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Successful completion of this module will enable candidates to maximise database functions, in order to manage and analyse high volumes of data, thus enabling the production of the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of database development and usage.
- Create a relational database using advanced table creation features and complex relationships between tables.
- Design and use queries to create a table, update, delete and append data. Refine queries using wildcards, parameters and calculations.
- Use controls and subforms to enhance forms and improve functionality.
- Create report controls to perform calculations. Create subreports and enhance report presentation.
- Enhance productivity by working with macros and use linking and importing features to integrate data.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a database application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to retrieve and produce higher quality management information.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Advanced Databases Syllabus Overview:
|Tables and Relationships||